Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Confessions of the Condo: Catching Up

~My son went to bed at 7 pm Monday night and got up at 9:30 am on Tuesday. I think he was tired. I must say he was in quite the chipper mood most of the morning. If only I could always ensure that he got all the rest he needed. I'm convinced that a lot of the "bad" behavior in children is a result of them being tired.

~My husband and I got to go away for a one night getaway this weekend. We were only away from supper Sunday night until lunch Monday morning, but there's just something about being able to relax and go out to dinner and not worry about taking Benjamin and all of Benjamin's necessities and getting him fed and getting him to bed on time etc etc etc. Thank goodness for Grandma's who don't mind coming and spending some time spoiling their grandson for a night. If you don't have regular date night's and a few getaways throughout the year planned into your marriage, I highly recommend it! (especially for those of you with little ones)


 ~I needed to pick up a few things at HyVee yesterday, so I decided to jog down (after all, it gets you there a lot faster than walking). When I got there, some guy saw me and said, "hey, I just saw you jogging down Devil's Glen!" I'm not sure if it was some kind of incredible surprise that I could've made it to the grocery store that fast or that I would have the audacity to go in the grocery store after jogging. Personally though I find the idea of jogging to go get food kind of amusing.


 ~My husband went to start drive his truck a couple of weeks ago and it wouldn't start. He spent some time researching and doing some different tests and finally figured out it was a starter gone bad. Within a couple hours last night he had it off and replaced and started and running better than ever. I just have to brag on him a bit because I'm always impressed when he fixes things by himself.


 ~I did not get out of my PJ's until sometime after 2 pm yesterday.


 ~I have a constant desire lately to go on some sort of vacation. The last one we went on was when I was about 4 months pregnant with Benjamin, and Kevin went to Colorado for training for a week or so, so technically, it was a work during the week and enjoy the nights and weekend kind of thing. Vacationing with a 1 1/2 year old just isn't the same, and we never know when we're going to move, so it makes it hard to plan something.


 ~Going back to our getaway thing, we got a HUGE hotel room. The last couple of times they have ended up upgrading us to a larger room than the one we booked, but this was definitely the biggest room I've ever stayed in. So much so, as we came to realize, it was BIGGER THAN OUR CONDO! I found that slightly depressing.


 ~We missed Sunday school the last two Sundays. One Sunday Benjamin slept through it, and another he had a runny nose so we thought we should keep him out of the nursery. Funny how our good intentions and desires get overrun by his needs.


~I think I'm finally starting to get caught up from our trip (2 weeks later). Yet I want to go on vacation. Makes a lot of sense, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment