-I took Benjamin to the mall to the other day and we ate lunch there to help save time. He had some peaches among other things. When I got home and looked in the mirror I realized I had a piece of peach on my nose...the whole time I was at the mall it was there.
-A different day I went and looked in the mirror and discovered I had green beans in my hair.
-About 2-3 times a week I let Benjamin watch tv. Actually they are videos so I try to convince myself that is better for him than whatever is on tv. One that he loves is about horses, the other is the Winnie the Pooh movie, which he never gets all the way through. He will sit and watch the horse video though, so when I need a 1/2 hour to get something done I will let him watch it. That and Sunday's when he is driving us nuts b/c he missed a nap during church. And on Mondays when he's driving me nuts from missing his nap on Sunday.
-Although he can go without, I still have Benjamin take morning naps (he's 17 months old). He seems to be in a better mood plus it's a hour and half of alone time for me. It does make it harder to run errands though. I only have about an hour and a half to two hour window of opportunity between naps, but the me time and a little boy in a better mood is well worth it.
-In light of the above, I have a hard time with appointments. Usually I can only go if my husband is home. I was getting really sick of my super bland haircut, and because I couldn't find time to go and get it cut, I decided one night just to do it myself. This is not the first time of course, but this is the first time I did something more drastic. Bangs! Yes, I now have bangs, but I have yet to actually wear my hair so you can see them. I usually have them pulled back so you would hardly even notice. My husband has seen it though and seemed to like it, so hopefully I will get brave and sport the new look one of these days.
-Now that I'm a Mom, I really look forward to Mother's Day. My husband usually does something special for me, plus, it gives me a time to acknowledge and recognize my own Mom and Mother in Law and Grandma's for all their love and sacrifice over the years. I'm really excited this year to be able to be with both my husband's family for party of the weekend and with my family the rest, usually it's one or the other so that is a special blessing this year.
I'm sure their are a lot more Mommy related things to confess, but that's all I've got for now.
Have a wonderful and blessed Mother's Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment