~I drank decaff coffee this week every day until today. I was proud that I didn't get a caffeine headache (no signs of outward addiction), but I found myself struggling to wake up and basically felt like crashing by mid afternoon.
"Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall." Proverbs 16:18
~I've been trying to get to bed by 10 pm this week. I went to bed at 10:30 one night and felt like I had went to bed at 2 am the next day. My hope is always to go to bed earlier and to get up earlier, but that is a constant uphill battle for me-it's more in my nature to stay up late. Really it's about priorities and planning and choices.
"In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat— for he grants sleep to those he loves." Psalm 127:2
~Our dishwasher is leaking. Our landlord is coming over tonight to install a brand new one. For the last few days, rather than just washing the dishes by hand (which I have done some), I chose to use paper and plastic. I like to use the excuse that our dish drainer thing is packed, so there's nothing to dry them on if I wash them by hand. I think we all know the truth.
"Lazy hands make for poverty or having to use paper and plastic dinnerware, but diligent hands bring wealth i.e. Longaberger dishware." Proverbs 10:4
~People keep saying that Benjamin probably really likes being outside. My reply is that yes, indeed he does like being outside, but we don't really have a place for him to go outside and play. They then proceed to look at me like, "um, okay?" I don't think they realize that our condo is basically an apartment in an apartment building. The only thing that makes it a "condo" vs an "apartment" is that each unit is privately owned. We have no backyard, no patio, no outdoor space to claim besides a garage (others in the building at least have a patio-introduce temptation to covet...). There is no space to take him where he is not at any point in time in danger of being hit by a car, because it's the parking lot or the small patch of grass next to the parking lot. Unless we go to the park of course. Still not the same as having your own backyard.
"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." Colossians 3:12
I think I better stop and get off the complain train before it veers of the tracks...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment