Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Confessions & Lessons: In Other's Words

 Here are some snippets from things I've heard or read this week:

~ (speaking on the story of Jonah) God has given you a clear assignment, but you are running in the opposite direction. Don't do it! God desires only your good. Just follow his direction.

Running in the opposite direction...

~The Truth is that God has promised to give us everything we need...The Truth is that contentment is not found in having everything we think we want but in choosing to be satisfied with what God has already provided. The Truth is that those who insist on having their own way often end up with unnecessary heartache, while those who wait on the Lord always get his best.

Contentment is not found in having everything we think we want but in CHOOSING to be satisfied with what God has ALREADY provided.

~(God) created women with a remarkable capacity to create an environment conducive to welcoming and nurturing life. How can your home be used as a place to nurture life? (Your "home" may be a house, apartment, double-wide trailer, dorm room, prison cell, hospital room, or retirement home!)


 Create an environment conducive to welcoming and nurturing...how can your "home" be used?

~ (from the Kendrick's brothers, creators of Courageous, Fireproof etc) You know—and what was most important to us, when we sat there and we asked ourselves, “If we could have anything,”—more distribution, more budget, better acting, whatever it is—“what would we choose?”

We agreed that we would choose the favor of God, above everything because if you have the favor of—and this applies to everything we do, not just films—if you have the favor of God on it, and God‟s able to do whatever He wants, and He gets the credit, then, it will do well or whatever He wants it to do.

So, we said, “If that‟s true, we have to chase the favor of God more than anything else.” The Lord is pleased when we seek Him and wait on Him. Then, He just picks the time, and He unloads on us the direction to go. Then, He starts opening doors we could not have opened without Him.

CHOOSE the favor of God...the Lord is pleased when we seek Him and wait on Him...opening doors we could not have opened without Him.

~(from Joni Eareckson Tada) "And my life—your  life—is to please God: to exude the fragrance of a life yielded, submitted, acquiesced, surrendered and deferred to Him, and to do it so sweetly, not with a sour disposition; not with dragging your feet, but no, with a sweet surrender. No room for an attitude that grumbles and whines. Nothing pleasing when you smile on one hand, but on the other, are simmering with resentment deep down inside."

...to do is sweetly, not with a sour disposition; not with dragging your feet, but no, with a sweet surrender.

I could say that I'm working to accept my circumstances, but I don't think I can "work" to accept my circumstances. Instead, I can CHOOSE to ACCEPT that it is God's best, and that he has a good reason for it. I can't do it in my own power, but I can do it in HIS.


I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.  Philippians 4:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment