Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Confessions of the Condo: Hello Summer


~I remember our landlord commenting when we signed the lease that if we were still here in the summer that we might be able access to the association's pool. I think I thought at that time that well, that sounds nice, but I'm not planning on being here that long.

Last week he showed up at our door with our pool key.

~Benjamin is in love with water. Not the swimming pool kind-the river kind. He loves driving by the river so he can point at the water and the buh's (boats). Whenever we go to leave, he wants to know if we're going to see wah wah and buh's. I think this started because we have been driving the length of river drive on our way to church, so he got ample views of the river (at least until they started construction and were forced to take the Locust street detour-not near as interesting).

~Looking at our entirely full calendar and sensing my husband's lack of desire for the added stress, I have put aside the vacation plans for now. Instead, I've decided to get out enjoy all that the QC has to offer (really, there is a lot!)

This week we took advantage of Funday Monday at the QC Botanical Center. I like to take photos, so I thought this was a place that we could both enjoy and I had always wanted to check it out. Afterwards, we went down to Schweibert Park on the Rock Island riverfront to check out the wah wah and buh's and see what the kid's fountain thing was all about. It may be in Rock Island, but it was actually pretty nice!

P.S. If you have not heard of Funday Mondays, the Putnam, Family Museum, Botanical Center and Riverside Aquatic Center are all offering free admission on Mondays until August 13th-see http://familycu.com/fun for more info...

~Right as we were getting ready to leave for the Botanical Center, Benjamin took a spill and cut his lip. Blood everywhere. Screaming because I had the audacity to dab his lip with a wad of toilet paper. Sigh.

~As I write this, Benjamin and I are sitting in his pillow pile in our pj's watching the Pooh movie. It's just one of those days/weeks.

Gonna be a hot one out there this week-stay cool!

1 comment:

  1. Your outing sounds fun!! I am loving hearing the stories of Benjamin talking! of course i eat up any stories about him! I need some video of him chatting! we need to skype!

    ReplyDelete