Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Confessions of the Condo:Reality


~We closed on our new house last Wednesday. When we entered our new home, we were greeted by stinky dog smell lingering from the back room they were allowed to go in and out of, a fridge full of food, and trash bags sitting in the middle of several rooms.

~I spent over 4 hours today cleaning. I had to take all of the shelves from the fridge outside to be hosed off. I had to spray down the stove at least 3 times w/ degreaser and I still didn't get it all.

~Kev and my Dad tore out the first window last night. There are at least 15 more.

~Kev found a not so lucky goat somewhere out in the pasture. I know, gross, but we're talking reality here.

 ~I didn't really want to post pictures until we got it more fixed up, but, I think giving you a glimpse will help you see just how much better it looks when we do get some things done.

So hold your hats, and your breath:


Mudroom. It does not smell good.


 Pantry/Old dog room/reason the mud room does not smell good.
 It REALLY does not smell good.


Kitchen: Notice the nice rotting fruit and vegetables on the counter.

Kitchen: It's really pretty dirty. The trash doesn't help.

Future office.  


Bathtub. It seriously looked like there was dirt in it. 

 Guest bedroom.

Despite all of the dirtiness and lack of upkeep, I can still see a lot of potential and am excited to get past the cleaning and on to improvements. I do not however enjoy cleaning up other people's trash.

Hopefully I will have some "nicer" pictures to share with you soon. Until then, here's my favorite from that day:


Now doesn't that make it all worthwhile?

No comments:

Post a Comment