So we're on target to close Wednesday, and I realize I haven't shared much about our new house.
Right now I'm in between a state of excitement and being overwhelmed and stressed. On one hand it's so exciting to finally see our prayers answered, but on the other there's so much to do. Then there's the whole change thing.
Change is good (usually), but it's never easy.
So on that note, rather than me going on some diatribe and trying to pen all these swirling emotions, let me just share some facts.
~It's been 6 years since I lived in the country (with my parents of course). I am more than ready to get back, but it's going to require some majorly improved organization skills on my part. No more quick trips to the store because I forgot I was out of something while trying to make supper. I think now I run an errand at least every other day, so condensing my shopping into one or two trips is going to be a major change.
~It's been 8 years since Kev moved to Iowa and starting looking for a place in the country. To say he is excited would be an understatement.
~We started our house as a married couple in 2008. Remember this house? We made offers on 4 houses in the last 2 years.
~The week we looked at the house for the first time, we were praying that we would find something that week. We looked at this house thinking it would be something to do while we were waiting for the right one to come on the market. I went into it highly guarded sure that this was not the house b/c it was too far from Kev's work. The 30 x 19 Master Bedroom is what sold me.
~Right now the house has the washer & dryer in the office. The house also has what we think are the original windows, and the house was built in 1855. Before we move in, we hope to replace the windows, doors, open up a new doorway in the living room, and paint everywhere. We hope to have this done by the middle of September and be out of the condo by October. Throw in a week's trip to Indiana and we have about 3 weeks to get that accomplished.
~Then there's all of our stuff. We figured out the other day we have it scattered between 5 different locations. 2 storage units-in different locations. The condo. A friends barn. My Dad's barn. I can't wait to be done and have it all at one centralized location.
~We originally saw the listing for the house when it came on the market. In fact, it was on the market when we sold our house. Why we waited until July to look at it, I don't know. But God does. One thing I do know, we've learned a lot and we've grown a lot in our short time here.
In closing, let me share some verses I have meditated on in the last few months (emphasis mine):
But you must return to your God; MAINTAIN LOVE and justice, and WAIT for your God ALWAYS.
Hosea 12:5-7
Wait for the LORD; BE STRONG and TAKE HEART and wait for the LORD. Psalm 27:13-14
I will wait for the LORD, who is hiding his face from the descendants of Jacob. I will PUT MY TRUST IN HIM. Isaiah 8:16-18
But as for me, I WATCH IN HOPE for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God WILL HEAR ME. Micah 7:6-8
I say to myself, “The LORD is MY PORTION; therefore I will WAIT FOR HIM.” Lamentations 3:23-25
We wait in HOPE for the LORD; he is our HELP and our SHIELD. Psalm 33:19-21
Yes, LORD, WALKING in the way of YOUR LAWS, we wait for you; YOUR NAME AND RENOWN are the DESIRE OF OUR HEARTS. Isaiah 26:7-9
In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:2-4
Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who ACTS on BEHALF of those WHO WAIT for him. Isaiah 64:3-5
Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4
Don't ever be afraid to put your hope in Him. It may require some waiting, but in his time, He will give you the desires of your heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment