Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Confessions of the Condo: Barns and Bats
~If you had not already heard, there was a bat living in our Master Bedroom window at the house. I've had some bad experiences with bats, namely one flying way too close to my head. Apparently my father in law has dealt with the issue and I'm not asking questions.
~I saw one of the windows that was taken out of the Master Bed yesterday and replaced. It literally looked like a window that you would take out of a barn, not a house.
~The 40 minute drive between Wilton and Bettendorf is starting to weigh on my nerves.
~In light of the above, trying to maintain two households is tiring. I feel like I am spending my time going back and forth either transporting our belongings or cleaning one or the other.
~I'm having a hard time with the whole transitioning between households/moving/trying to get a really old house ready to move in to WHILE taking care of a toddler thing. Most of the time I feel I am just sitting here while other people work on my house and I do nothing b/c he needs a nap, or b/c he needs to go to bed. Benjamin is the type that goes into I'm a homicidal maniac mode when he starts to lose sleep, so I will do all that I can to get him as much as possible. Thankfully, my Mom had some time last week off and took care of him so I could get it cleaned up for my inlaws who are currently staying there. I couldn't imagine expecting them to live there for a week in the condition that it was.
~Again, in light of the above, I'm learning there's nothing like having a little one to teach you about priorities and selflessness. And there's nothing like moving twice in 6 months and having to fix up a place before you can move in to teach you about patience & strengthen your marriage (assuming you don't constantly get frustrated at your husband for having to be gone every night while you sit here and do nothing b/c the boy needs to sleep)
~On a different note, Benjamin loves being out there. He has a kitty, which he loves. He has a cow, which he is ecstatic about (especially when we get to feed them), and he loves being able to run around outside. We may have to move again, but I don't think he is going to mind.
~We have an electical pole outside the house that has a light on it, which of course was burn out. Last week when my Dad went to climb it to change the bulb, it was discovered that the pole was basically only held up by the wires, because at the ground it was totally rotted through.
~Regardless of all of these things, in another month or so we will be moved and I know it will be easier. At the end of the week we will hopefully have all new windows. And in the next couple of weeks we will have freshly painted rooms and some new clean carpet.
It's just a matter of getting through these next few weeks...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Survival mode. You can do it! One foot in front of the other, and be sure to have take out pizza and subs on speed dial. :)
ReplyDelete