So I've seen this around the blogsphere, and can't help but think it is somewhat liberating and refreshing to just lay our hearts out there every now and then.
So here goes, my "Confessions" from the condo:
-My son had a screaming fit this morning. No idea why other than he seemed to still be tired when he woke up and did not like the fact that I said he could not have his pacifier during "sitting" time (my term for the time when Mommy listens to a podcast and he is supposed to "practice" sitting still and reading his books). My attempts at discipline were only met by more rebellion.
#parentingfail
-In an attempt to recognize the blessings of our current "situation" rather than the inconveniences (which I will now refer to as "condo blessing" from here on out)-I am loving the ability to walk to places. It's so freeing not to have to rely on a vehicle to get to where you need to go, and refreshing to be able to get outside in the fresh air. Plus, it's a way of working exercise in while getting something else done-a double blessing for me who struggles to try and work working out into my day.
#lovingbigcitylife
-I am terrified of setting off the fire alarms in this place. I turned the broiler on for 5 minutes the other day to melt the cheese on top of the pasta dish I was making and managed to end up with blackened cheese. I furiously ran around the place opening every single window and turning our high powered hood fan on high to try and manage the whiff of burntness I thought I smelled.
#cookingfail#535
-Benjamin loves to go outside. The fact that we can walk places is a convenient way for him to con Mommy into taking him for a walk, except that he has come to expect this daily and has decided that he will sit his stubborn little hind right in front of the door until he manages to "convince" me. Our old house was a split level so there was no sitting in front of the door like he can here.
#sometimestheboydrivesmenuts
-We've been hoping/wanting to try and get back to being more faithful church attenders. We used to try and be there whenever the doors were open but have been "taken aback" by this whole parenting thing. Kids are a blessing, but also throw a wrench into your routine. I feel guilty because people would say how they were encouraged by our committment. Now that we live even further away we are hoping to get back to it, but I know it's definitely going to be a challenge. I'm hoping that sharing it here will add an extra degree of accountability.
#guiltisnotagoodmotivater
-I made a hair appointment at a local place that's supposed to be really good, and after making the appointment I found that the cost of a normal haircut is $35, which is outrageous considering I usually pay $10 to $15 at Cost Cutters. I felt bad about calling and cancelling it just because I am cheap, so tonight I am hopefully getting a well worth it $35 haircut.
#cheapandnotashamed
-Kev locked himself out of his car yesterday. I couldn't go get him because Benjamin was sleeping and waking him up from a nap is like asking for a beating. He called AAA and thankfully they came right away.
#Iloveyouevenandhopeyoudon'tmindmewritingaboutyouonmyblog
I think that's enough confessions for the day year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

GOD WILL NOT ASK YOU TO DO ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN'T HANDLE!
ReplyDeleteOhhh that Benjamin. I have a feeling the next 18 years will have more of the same Stubborn-ness stories from him! (of course I being his Auntie, think that he is absolutely perfect but I know in REALITY he is a little stink butt with a sinner's heart)
ReplyDeleteI don't blame you for the haircut. I wonder if Bryna could do your hair while you're here in May? Get you an awesome cut and then cost cutters could just re-do it? Let me know what you think!
Welcome to rental-world! My cooking issue here? Every SINGLE cake I've made has fallen in the middle since we moved here. Decided after #6 that it's the dinosaur oven, not me. Slap on a little more frosting o'er the middle and voila, good 'nuf.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are finding the blessings. It's a challenge here too.
Kerri Mc.
Ha ha Kerri, oh the joy of using someone else's appliances! The other day I was trying to make breakfast before church, and I turned the oven on so it would be preheated and ready to go and I went to put something in and it wasn't on! Thankfully I got it to turn on eventually, but did not help with the Sunday morning rush! I am used to a gas oven so an electric is enough of an adjustment, apparently I should be thankful that at least it's not prehistoric!
Delete