Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Change Amidst the Unchanging Truth

So I'm sitting here in awe that a whole year has passed since my last post. I could say its because I've been a busy Mom, but I know that it's more a matter of priorities and motivation.

One of my New Years resolutions is to incorporate more balance in my life. I think that will never be an achieved goal, but more one that I am constantly working on.

And now, sitting here in a condo instead of my house, I find that I have more opportunity than ever to try and work on that goal.

We kept saying "we can always move into an apartment for awhile." But I never thought we would actually have to. Now here we are.

It seems like it would have been so much easier to just move into our new house rather than sell our house and still be looking for our new house. But I can't help but think know that God has a reason for all of this.

I'm not going to try and hide it, this has been a whole lot harder than I thought it would be. I kept telling myself that I was willing to do whatever God would ask of us, even if it meant moving somewhere temporarily rather than finding a house by the time we closed on ours.

But as we began apartment hunting, packing and generally turning all of the order I had we knew upside down, I found I was not nearly as willing as I thought. Thought's like

I really wish we didn't have to do this.

or

Why do we have to do this? Why couldn't we just have found a house in time?

often graced my thoughts.

Then we found a condo in a wonderful neighborhood for a very reasonable price (comparatively) with a fireplace and laminate wood floors (I had feared the nastiness that carpets soak up from it's previous occupants and my son crawling around in it).

Thank you for your goodness to us Lord should have been my response.

But then we moved and Benjamin was cranky (though sleeping through the night instantly-another reason to say "Thank you Lord!") and Kev hurt his knee and was rendered immobile for the rest of the day and suffered a migraine on top of it all. And someone got a hold of our credit card and charged $2000 on it (none of which we were held liable, thank you Lord). And more than anything, we were just plain exhausted.

And thank you Lord was immediately shoved out and replaced by this is hard.

But I keep reading and reminding myself that

God is good, all the time.

and

All thing work together for the good of those who love him.

and

He will never give us more than we can handle.

and

He always has our best in mind.

and

He loves us so much that he sent his very own son to die in our place.

and I remember all the hard times he's brought us through already and how we've grown through the things that we would never wish for and I find

contentment

and

hope

and

strength.

God is good all the time, and even when our circumstances try to tell us otherwise, I know, because he is unchanging, that it is still true.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you blogging again...~~Pauline

    ReplyDelete