This week was all about the weapons we can employ to help us reduce the stress in our lives. By being in God's Word regularly, prayer, and choosing to acknowledge the victory we already have through Christ, the power of stress is diminished and we are no longer subject to it's control. It's not about controlling the stress, but about choosing to rely on God's power to overcome it.
Blessings this week:
51. God showing me I can trust him through answered prayers.
52. B and I meeting my hubby for lunch.
53. A fixed truck that didn't cost us a fortune.
54. Family date night.
55. Naps. I don't take them a lot, but when I do it means I needed one!
~
Chapter 9 Take-Aways-"Real strength results from persistent communication and fellowship with him and allowing his words to guide us through each day."
-"I had given the devil a foothold in my life because I had not fully relied on the strongest weapon of all in this war against the unseen--God's Word. As a result, I had not guarded my heart from the enemy's tactics."
-"...the devil is most happy when you disregard his tactics as nothing more than tough luck. The enemy knows that if we don't acknowledge the invisible battle we are engaged in, we will not reach for the weapons that will bring us victory."
-"If you choose only one weapon to fight off your stress, let God's Word be it."
-"Prayer is a weapon that nobody can ever take away from us, not even our worst enemy."
~


Liz, Those are some of my favorite quotes from Chapter 9, also! I loved reading your list of blessings (naps are a rare treasure for me, too). So glad you are a part of the OBS community! Blessings to you today as we begin Chapter 10! :) ~Shelly F(OBS Leader)
ReplyDeleteThere was so many things to think about in this chapter and how we so often give the devil a foothold in our lives because we fail to grab hold of God's word and apply the message to our hearts. Thanks for listing your blessings as well.Blessings as you continue your journey Stress-less Living.
ReplyDelete