Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Stressed-Less Week 6


I'm obviously struggling againthis week, being that it's a new week and I'm still catching up from last week. Better late than never I guess!

I decided to do something a little different for my blessings post this week. I've been doing some picture taking, so I thought I'd include a few photos this week as part of my blessings. After all,  photos always make a post more exciting.

Blessings this week:

31. My hubby. I like his rugged look. Why do you think he kept it so long?


32. My flower beds. Can you tell they need some work? Lots of beautiful flowers & plants but way too crowded! This is the before photo, I was able to get them thinned out and moved and they are looking so much better! I'll have an after photo in the next post.



33. Our garden. My brother came out and tilled for us and we were finally able to get some plants in!

34. My little one. He insists on wearing his hat EVERYWHERE. I was reminded this week of how much of a blessing he is.


35. Our new mower (or at least new to us). After dealing with the frustration of ours breaking down, we were blessed to be able to buy a friend's. 
~

Chapter 6 Take-Aways:

-Once we learn the importance of the word "abide," peace can blossom. 

-...stumbling blocks to our faith, and our peace, are not always huge dramatic circumstances. Sometimes they may be nothing more than a sink full of dirty dishes and a pile of dirty laundry. At times the little things in life can be more stressful than the big. So we must carefully guard our hearts so as not to become obsessed with the mess of life, because the thief loves making the most of a mess."

-We would never ask for a life of stress and worry, but, by ignoring the reality that the devil is lurking, we are actually throwing in the towel and surrendering to such a life. It is our choice who will have dominion over our lives--the evil one or the Holy One...We have to be ready for the war that is being waged against our hearts each and every day by staying connected to our Savior."

-But just because we stop looking for God does not mean he has taken a break from looking for us. Instead, we are simply not seeing him, because we are only seeing ourselves..."

-We ask God for something, but if he doesn't answer our prayers the way we want, we go off on our own and try to make that "something" happen, even if for "just a few minutes." But time is of no essence to God; obedience is everything."
~

3 comments:

  1. No picture of the mower? I am disappointed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little guy you have! Thanks for sharing your blessings and pics with us. I loved the take away qoutes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last sentence "time is of no essence to God, obedience is everything". Great post.
    B Prince OBS small group leader

    ReplyDelete