Another stressful week? Check! I'm beginning to wonder-does it ever end?
I think the answer is that life is always stressful, one way or another. So we might as well buckle down and learn to deal with it.
Thanks goodness for this study!
Again, this week I'm tempted to start listing all the stressors we had to deal with. But again, I'm going to choose to stick with the blessings.
Blessings this week:
26. We found out our basement seeps. A lot. Thankfully we were able to get a sump pump installed in a matter of a couple of hours. It still seeps but there's not near as much water standing. Usually projects like that take much longer than a couple of hours to accomplish.
27. We had two more calves since my last post. They both have little white belts around their bellies like their Mommas, so cute! I love watching them run around and play out my kitchen window.
28. My husband got his tiller running today. That's exciting b/c it means we will be able to plant our garden soon...and what's even more exciting is that it will be substantially larger than the one we had at our house in town. We also found some asparagus growing in the yard, which we've never been able to grow before.
29. Meal planning. I got a book and a system to help me out rather than just winging it, because let's face it, it's fairly stressful when it comes supper time and you have no idea what you're going to make. I'm working on implementing it and it's really helping me out.
30. Okay y'all, I'd never thought I'd say this-but I am truly blessed being able to take time to do the dishes. I don't really enjoy the doing the dishes part, but it's often a time when I kind enjoy the quiet and unwind, look out my window and truly enjoy the view and all that God has blessed us with.
I'm struggling to keep up this week so hopefully next week I will have more to share.
Chapter 5 Take-Aways
-"Peace is not a matter of life or circumstances; it's a matter of the heart. God could change our circumstances at any time, if he chose to do so, but he is always more interested in changing us through our circumstances than changing our circumstances themselves."
-"But what should we do while we are waiting on God's perfect timing? What is our course of action after we place our circumstances into God's hands? The answer is not to sit idly by waiting on God to do something but to actively strive for a change of heart...We must choose to expectantly wait for God to work in our lives."
-"We could actually be at church every time the door opens and still be completely separated and disconnected from God...Going to church does not make someone a Christian; it is instead meant to be a resource for increasing our faith through worship and communion with other believers. In the same way, we can believe that every word in the Bible is flawless and still not allow it to shape our lives or impact our thoughts and behaviors (or our stress levels)."
Thanks goodness for this study!
Again, this week I'm tempted to start listing all the stressors we had to deal with. But again, I'm going to choose to stick with the blessings.
Blessings this week:
26. We found out our basement seeps. A lot. Thankfully we were able to get a sump pump installed in a matter of a couple of hours. It still seeps but there's not near as much water standing. Usually projects like that take much longer than a couple of hours to accomplish.
27. We had two more calves since my last post. They both have little white belts around their bellies like their Mommas, so cute! I love watching them run around and play out my kitchen window.
28. My husband got his tiller running today. That's exciting b/c it means we will be able to plant our garden soon...and what's even more exciting is that it will be substantially larger than the one we had at our house in town. We also found some asparagus growing in the yard, which we've never been able to grow before.
29. Meal planning. I got a book and a system to help me out rather than just winging it, because let's face it, it's fairly stressful when it comes supper time and you have no idea what you're going to make. I'm working on implementing it and it's really helping me out.
30. Okay y'all, I'd never thought I'd say this-but I am truly blessed being able to take time to do the dishes. I don't really enjoy the doing the dishes part, but it's often a time when I kind enjoy the quiet and unwind, look out my window and truly enjoy the view and all that God has blessed us with.
I'm struggling to keep up this week so hopefully next week I will have more to share.
Chapter 5 Take-Aways
-"Peace is not a matter of life or circumstances; it's a matter of the heart. God could change our circumstances at any time, if he chose to do so, but he is always more interested in changing us through our circumstances than changing our circumstances themselves."
-"But what should we do while we are waiting on God's perfect timing? What is our course of action after we place our circumstances into God's hands? The answer is not to sit idly by waiting on God to do something but to actively strive for a change of heart...We must choose to expectantly wait for God to work in our lives."
-"We could actually be at church every time the door opens and still be completely separated and disconnected from God...Going to church does not make someone a Christian; it is instead meant to be a resource for increasing our faith through worship and communion with other believers. In the same way, we can believe that every word in the Bible is flawless and still not allow it to shape our lives or impact our thoughts and behaviors (or our stress levels)."
~
.

Thank you for sharing your blessings. I have never thought of meal planning as a blessing. I say this as I sit here at 4pm and have no idea what we are going to have for dinner. :-) Thanks for the reminder to consider it a blessing, because it would definitely reduce the stress to have a plan in place. Lori K (OBS Group Leader)
ReplyDelete