Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Stressed-Less Week 3



My goodness y'all, I'd be lyin' to ya if I didn't say this has been one ROUGH week. I am so tempted to start listing all of the things that came up this last week, but this Blessings post idea has really started to help me change my perspective about things. Despite all the yucky stuff (and all the struggling in the midst of it), I could absolutely see that there were indeed blessings that came from it. I'll share with you a few examples.

Blessings this week:

11. Despite my little guy getting sick, he FINALLY got back on schedule! I can't tell you how many weeks I have been relentlessly trying and trying to get him back to his regular routine to no avail. Waking up sick at 6 AM finally took care of that needing to lay down for a nap earlier.

12. Although B and I both suffered from some sort of stomach bug, it only lasted at the most 48 hours, and for me at least it really wasn't as bad as it could have been. So far the recovering hubby has yet to get it, so that is a huge blessing as well.

13. Garage Sale season is back! I just went out this morning with B and found lots of good deals and hope to go out tomorrow morning with the hubby.

14. It's supposed to be 70 degrees today and tomorrow. When it's struggling to stay in the 50's in April, you really look forward to those warmer temps!

15. My Mama bringing us some supper last night. Being sick kind of puts a damper on the whole wanting to cook or even look at food thing. She brought us some really yummy Pizza Hut pasta and cheese sticks- my favorite.

~

5 more...

16. Phone calls and emails from family & friends who care.

17. Naps. I think I took at least two this week.

18. Getting our painted bedroom floor clear coated and finished. Major accomplishment considering I have been trying to get it done for months.

19. Having a God who loves me despite my selfishness and ingratitude. When things start heading south it's amazing how quickly my attitude starts heading the same way.

20. God's Word-there's always a verse that will speak to me just where I am. This week it's this one:

{That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.}  2 Corinthians 4:16-18


Chapter 3 Take-Aways:

-"Most emotional and physical symptoms of stress and depression are not typically caused by the circumstances themselves, but instead by how our minds perceive what is going on and how our hearts hold up under the pressure."

-"Instead of allowing the stress of parenting to tempt us to throw in the towel, we need to throw ourselves on our knees every day, praying for their safety and their decision making and asking God to get a good, strong grasp on their hearts before something or someone else does."

~

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're on the mend! i haven't wanted to bother you to check in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops hit publish before i could add, but I have been praying everyday for all 3 of you! and still fervently praying Kev doesn't puke!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your little one is back on schedule!

    Love how when we focus on the blessings the things we think are terrible take second place. They diminish.

    I too shared some blessings on my blog finally.

    ReplyDelete