Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Stressed-Less Week 2



Hey all! Back with my Bible Study post for the week.

I thought I was doing pretty good this week handling my stress. Bad idea. Ever heard the phrase "pride comes before the fall?"

I started thinking back to all my stressors this week. There have been many. But one of blog topics for our study this week challenges us to  begin a "blessed" post. The idea is that stress can cause us to overlook the many blessings God has poured out into our lives, so by making a list of five things God has blessed you with you can begin to focus on the positive rather than the negative. Once you have 5, add 5 more...and so on.

I love the idea of doing a blessings/take-aways post each week. i think it will help me take my focus off of the stress and put a more positive spin on things, plus, I feel like it's the kind of blog post I can actually manage to accomplish. So here goes:

Blessings this week:

1. My husband was able to get in for his procedure early. By the time the surgery was supposed to start, he was out of recovery and I was back with him in his room.

2. My son got sick while we were gone, but it was only one time, and he seemed much better within 24 hours.

3. Extra time with my hubby as he spends time at home recovering.

4. Knowing spring is coming! The cold and rainy days only further build my anticipation!

5. Getting some more Project House 'to-do's' accomplished (poly'ed floor, re-doing medicine cabinet in bathroom, painting)

~

5 more...

6. Hubby worked a 12 hour day on Tuesday, but I am very thankful this is only required of him a few times a year. Plus, with surgery on Thursday, he now gets a week and a half to recuperate.

7.  I have consistently been setting my alarm and getting up early to have some quiet time before B gets up. It has been an amazing blessing for me!

8. A house that does not have water problems when it rains. (no sump pump necessary!)

9. Coffee & I Love Lucy. It makes my morning!

10. A Devotional I found at Dollar General clearanced for a couple $'s. It was just what I needed.


Chapter 2 Take-Aways:

-"The damage that stress can have is without limitation..." {...and continuing to ignore stress not only causes an onslaught of physical problems but it also serves as proof that we have not been caring for our bodies as God intended}

-"A much better definition of peace is one that rests on the ability to rise above our circumstances, overcome our innate tendency to stress out over problems, and learn to remain calm and confident despite what is going on around us."



No comments:

Post a Comment