Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Confessions of the Condo: Snippets


It hasn't been the best week (or two, or three) here at the condo. Rather than rant and rave, which I surely will if given the chance, I will share some snippets of life here at the condo as of late:

~when I got a coupon for a $2.99 haircut at the new Great Clips down the way, I figured why not? Let's just say I got what I paid for.

It WILL grow back.

~Benjamin hates the pool. Last week he had an hour and a half meltdown after being there for 5 minutes and never actually getting in the water. I've been there twice and have yet to actually get in.

Maybe pools are overrated.

~the cold that never ends (seriously, why do I always get colds in July?)

 I think my body is trying to tell me something.

~the hubby's favorite phrases: "just another kick in the head" and (when asked how things are going) "top knotch marvelous" (when Kevin resorts to sarcasm, you know it's bad)

At least we're in this together. 

~The blower fan for the AC in the van went out the day it started hitting 90 degrees.

Praise the Lord for AC. And 3 vehicles.

~I drove by a house last Saturday (we always do that before we look at it w/ the realtor), thinking it just might be "the one." It wasn't. Fifty miles of backroads later (at least it seemed that way), it didn't look near as impressive.

Be thankful for the no's...

~Every Sunday we drive past a church that has one of those sign boards out front. It started with

I will not fail you.


Then


Wait patiently for me. 


Now


Humble yourself before me.

This song has been in my head this week. Which is weird considering I haven't actually listened to it for quite some time. I hope it will encourage your heart as it has been encouraging mine:


No comments:

Post a Comment