Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

100 Reasons I Love My Husband

Every Valentine's Day, I try to do something new and creative to say "I love you" to my husband. I'm not sure how I came up with this, but I thought it was something that would not only let him know how much I appreciate him, but would also help me realize how lucky I am. Though it might seem a little dramatic or over the top...it's really not. There are probably a thousand reasons...but here's what I was able to come up with so far...100 reasons I love my husband:

1. I know he will do anything within his power to protect us.
2. He's willing to go shopping/buy groceries for me, without me asking, and even if its over his lunch break.
3. He makes sure we're all in church on Sundays.
4. He gives back from what's been given to him.
5. Work is not his priority, family is.
6. He never yells (at least not when he's angry)
7. In the midst of his day, he always takes time to ask how mine is going.
8. He loves snow.
9. He follows his heart, wherever he feels the Lord leading him.
10. He's not afraid to get his hands dirty.
11. He listens.
12. He has a heart for those who are going through hard times.
13. All of the work, time and energy he's put into our house "projects."
14. He's a man of integrity.
15. A lot of what he knows he learned from his Grandpa.
16. He gives God the glory for his success.
17. He's my shoulder to cry on.
18. He works so hard to provide for us.
19. Without hesitation, he gave up an entire years worth of vacation to be with our son.
20. He helps me with laundry.
21. He has always treated me with dignity and respect.
22. He tells me I'm beautiful.
23. He gave me 15 roses on our first Valentine's Day, before we were even dating. And he almost ran over an old lady to get 12 of them.
24. He sets aside every Friday night to spend time with me.
25. He buys me flowers just because.
26. He never forgets my birthday.
27. He still remembers the anniversary of the day he asked me to marry him.
28. He reads Benjamin his bedtime story.
29. He doesn't waver in his convictions.
30. He reads his Bible everyday.
31. He bakes Oreo cakes for me.
32. He's not afraid to hold me accountable.
33. He respects his parents.
34. He always takes out the trash without me asking.
35. He does the dishes just to help me out.
36. He works hard at everything he does.
37. He's a godly man.
38. He always kisses me goodnight & goodbye.
39. He's the best looking man I know.
40. He has a sensitive side, even if he doesn't like to admit it.
41. He's my best friend.
42. He takes time out of his busy day to make Benjamin laugh.
43. He loves his family.
44. He's an awesome Dad.
45. He's a mechanic...
46. ...a handyman...
47. ...a farmer....
48. ...a college recruiter....
49. ...a computer geek....
50. ...a contractor...and much more.
51. He's unwavering loyalty to his alma mater.
52. His love of antique tractors.
53. His boldness, especially for God.
54. He loves his cows.
55. His leadership.
56. His humility.
57. His ability to take flack without dishing it back.
58. He's not afraid to say what he thinks.
59. He's not a messy person.
60. He's the most responsible person I know.
61. He's honest.
62. He trusts me.
63. He's made it through hard times.
64. He likes my cooking.
65. He notices when I clean the house.
66. If it weren't for me, he'd always be on time.
67. His laugh.
68. Every day he emails me in the midst of his day to see how I'm doing.
69. He enjoys garage saleing.
70. I know he would do anything for me.
71. He loves me despite all my flaws and imperfections.
72. He's good at what he does.
73. He watches Benjamin on Saturday mornings so I can sleep in.
74. He doesn't care about or watch sports.
75. He cooks crockpot meals for us on Sundays.
76. He looks good in a suit.
77. He always finishes what he starts.
78. He can fix anything.
79. He's a leader, not a follower.
80. He's not a people pleaser.
81. I consider him God's gift to me.
82. He's a farm boy.
83. He takes care of me when I'm not feeling well.
84. He supports me staying home and appreciates what I do.
85. He still opens doors for me.
86. He thanks me for what I do.
87. He tells me he loves me daily.
88. I know when he said "I do" he meant it.
89. He still holds my hand.
90. He has a generous heart.
91. He wants to be a good husband.
92. He never puts me down.
93. We can argue about how much a hay bales should weigh.
94. He is enjoys having me meet him for lunch.
95. He was overwhelmed with excitement on our wedding day.
96. He's honest with me.
97. He looks forward to our annual couples retreat.
98. I know I can trust him.
99. He's the person I share my life with.
100. He' a blessing to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment