Anyway, here is our latest project. Kev decided that he wanted to "finish off" the utility room, which for him means finishing off the drywall. But of course, being the creative type that I am, I just can't be content with some off white paint.
I decided to go ahead and finish off the brick in the utility room the same way I've finished it in the other places in the basement, as well as finishing off the walls and eventually the floor.
Here's what we've accomplished so far:

Try to ignore the mess that has accrued as we work through this process. You can see the new color on the wall as compared to the bare drywall that we haven't got to yet. The brick has 2 coats of Drylock under the color. The wall has a coat of primer and 2 coats of topcoat. That's 3 coats for each half! Do you know how long that takes?
I haven't even thought about the floor yet, but I am eager to get that done. That's going to be a lot of fun to move a washer, dryer and freezer so I can paint under them.
Here's the brick right outside this room-its almost done, just needs paint in between the bricks:
And here is what the floor will look like:
Ugh. No more pictures until its done. Its such a mess right now!

No comments:
Post a Comment