Something must happen when you get married. I really thought it would be the opposite, you know, being single and feeling old. Not so. These are some things that I have noticed since I've been married that can only mean one thing: ITS AGING ME!
1. First and foremost-I HAVE GRAY HAIR! My mother and aunt warned me about this, but I still am not prepared for the 3 strands that have seemed to appear right in the front where everyone can see--yes, that's right, 3. (I don't remember seeing any before I got married)
2. One word: cellulite. Enough said.
3. Every Saturday night we watch Gaither Homecoming reruns on Public Television.
4. I get excited on Sundays because that's the day the sale ads come out.
5. Every Tuesday I go to HyVee along with the entire population of Davenport's Senior Citizens for two for free Tuesdays. Old people aren't the only ones that like free things! I think at least 90% of the people I see are 40-50 years older than me.
6. I worry not I'm not dressing modestly enough, or that I'm dressing too young for my age.
7. I have a bad back. If I sit too long, it usually takes awhile to get up, and when I finally do, I say, "oh, my back!"
8. If I'm still up after 10, its getting late.
Now off to go work out, put on some hip clothes and dye my hair!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Can I just say that I am LOVING your creative writing!! I found my first grays last summer and actually cried. (I know, it sounds so dramatic, but I had had a terrible day and that just pushed me over the edge) I happily dye my hair too! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! I have to say the real fear with the gray hairs for me is not that I have them, but how fast the rest of them are going become that way!
ReplyDelete