Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Fall is here!!!

Reasons to Complain:

1. The car is down and out, AGAIN. It could be the thermostat, it could be a head gasket. Either way it is estimated it will take at least 6 hours for Kev to change the thermostat to see if that solves the problem. We've been down to one car since we got back on Tuesday, so no going anywhere for me.

2. It has been awhile since I have had a good night's sleep. Carrying 25 extra lbs does not lead to comfort.

3. We are still relying on the fridge out in the garage, meaning every time we want something out of the fridge, we have to make trips out to the garage. Our other one went out a few weeks ago.

4. We now have TWO 6 x 6 ft entertainment centers in our living room because I did not get the old one listed to be sold before we got the other one from Kevin's parents. Chaos has ensued in the living room-the tractors are out of place, I can't put up my fall decorations, my sewing stuff is everywhere-it's a mess.

5. The pain of trying to recover from traveling: the house is not clean, we came back with more than we left with, adjusting back to the right time zone-not fun.

Reasons to rejoice (of course there's always more reasons to rejoice than complain):

1. Though we may have to give up our date night to work on the car, I'm willing to help if I get to spend time with my hubby, it doesn't really matter what we're doing.

2. The blessings of being a stay at home wife. I can't imagine how exhausted I would be if I couldn't sleep and had to get up to go to work in the morning. I can sneak in a nap if I need to (for the next couple months anyway-we'll see after that!)

3. Praise the Lord we have a second fridge, otherwise, we would have had to go out and buy another one immediately. This way we can look around and find a good deal before having to buy another one.

4. Kevin's mom decided to get a different entertainment center, so we got her old one, which is not only a color I like better, but much easier to move. If we are able to sell our old one, we won't have to worry about trying to move it anymore-just getting it out of here!

5. I did get all the laundry done the day after we got back, so we are recovering slowly but surely and our house wasn't robbed and there were no major appliance disasters or leaks while we were gone, so that is always a praise!

6. I'm almost done with the baby quilt I am making, it is John Deere of course. Pictures to follow!

7. IT'S FINALLY FALL! I GET TO GET MY HARVEST DECORATIONS OUT!!! (Except for that whole entertainment center problem)

8. I've got to open the windows and have the air off for the last couple of days. Love it!

9. I will be 28 weeks along this Saturday-which means I am now in my 3rd trimester!

10. City-wide garage sale this weekend! and Kev is going with me!

Of course, it will make for a much better weekend if the car gets fixed, we find a refrigerator and get an entertainment center sold. Stay tuned.

1 comment: