Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Because he lives...I can face today

Reasons to complain this week:

1. On Monday, the washer leaked. Needless to say, I didn't get the laundry done.

2. On Tuesday Kev got a migraine. He was in bed for 6 hours Tuesday night feeling like his head was going to explode. Did I mention it was his day off?

3. Also on Tuesday I started working on my Dad's birthday present. I expected it to take a couple of days. It took five, including a final coat at about 9 o'clock on Saturday night before giving it to him Sunday.

4. On Wednesday, Kev stayed home as he usually has a residual headache after a migraine and doesn't feel great. We went to the chiropractor, ran some errands, ate lunch, and he laid down to take a nap. When he woke up he could hardly move because his back was in such bad shape. His back was in terrible shape for the next 4 days, and is still not back to normal, which meant spending his second day off this week (Friday) as well as Saturday basically not being able to do much of anything.

5. As soon as we pulled into the garage on Sunday night, mom called to let us know one of our cows decided to go out the gate. Since we had just got home from Iowa City we obviously weren't there to help, so my mom, dad, and brother got to chase him around for awhile. He finally decided it was time to go back in.

Reasons to rejoice:

1. With his back in bad shape, Kev had to go for several walks to help keep things loose. I got to enjoy several walks with my husband this week!

2. Despite having to change my plans with all of the aforementioned things, I really did get a lot done!

3. Time spent with family to celebrate Easter.

4. Despite his ailment, Kev made me a dirty snow cake-its delicious!

5. And of course, I can rejoice knowing that because Jesus died, satisfying the punishment God required for our sins (death), and rose again (overcoming death), I also will one day rise to spend eternity with him in heaven. Now that's a reason to rejoice!

Taking one of our "walks" (after church obviously)

Dad's birthday present

No comments:

Post a Comment